assalamu'alaikum...

It is a cliche to say "I love you." But the fact is, I do love my someone. A lot. We've been through a lot together, we enjoy being together, and we're a great team...How do I love my someone? In so many ways…


I love how I never want to write about my love for her because I know that I can never say it just the way I want to. And how I know that I still wouldn’t be able to say or write it the right way even if I was more gifted than Shakespeare. How words can never tell the story of my love for her. Because words have boundaries.


I love how she holds me and asks me what is wrong when I don’t know how to say what is wrong. When all that is wrong is that the world just got a little bit too heavy. And that all I need is her arms around me to make me feel safe and strong again.



I love how I listen to that stupid Hero song of Enrique and cry because I just want to be her hero. I just want to wipe away the tears. I want to kiss away the pain. I just want to stand by her forever. Because she always takes my breath away.

I love how she pretends to need me even though she is so much stronger than me. I know she doesn’t climb mountains. She will make the mountains come to her. And that they will just obey.

I love how she speaks with a “little voice” when she asks me “why you hurts me?” And how I know there will be a little something in there for me.

I love how she laughs and shakes her head and says “What am I going to do with you?” whenever I make one of my suggestive comments. And how I do it just to hear those words.

I love how I try to be funny and tell silly jokes and how I peep at her to see if she is laughing. And how I carry on until I see the beauty of her smile. And the happiness in her laughter.

I love how she wanted me even though she could get anyone she wanted. And how she stays with me even though she can get anyone she wants.

I love seeing her walk and watching her when she doesn’t know I am looking. And how I still have to build up the courage to ask her out.

I love how she eggs me on to go play with the girls even though she knows it will drive her crazy.

I love how she holds me and looks into my eyes when she tells me that she loves me more.

I love how she phones me 4 or 5 times a day even if I can only take a call or two.

I love how she puts her hand on my leg when we go for a drive.

I love how she believes in me even when I have my doubts.

I love how I know real love because of her.

I love how she loves me.
I love how I love her.
I love her.

I love how I can write another million words and still not tell you how I love my someone.



........wasalam.........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you marked yr word "spending time loved one, eating right, going new place, doing something different or anything"..well done

Unknown said...

"I love how she puts her hand on my leg when we go for a drive."...ish ish...my imagination runs wild just by reading those sentence..lol